TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Languages and More (”the company”) organises Spanish language courses in Spain.
These Terms & Conditions apply from the moment the client has submitted his or her registration or has provided the company with personal and/or payment details.
Minimum age: The minimum age needed to attend our Languages and More Spanish courses is 18 years. Exceptions for younger clients can be granted upon request.
Client documents and insurance: The client is fully responsible for their own travel documents, travel insurance and medical insurance. Any non-compliance and any resulting damages are the sole responsibility of the client.
Company liability: The company assumes no responsibility for any erroneous information on this page or on any documents provided. The company assumes no responsibility for accidents, theft or injuries during the client’s stay with the company, at the accommodation provided by, or any other activity organized by the company.
Fees: We charge no administration, booking or registration fees. We only ask for a deposit as a guarantee for your booking.
Last-minute bookings: are accepted, subject to availability.
- Our lessons are 60 minutes, unless otherwise stated.
- Some lessons may take place outside the classroom.
- The lessons are from Monday-Friday unless otherwise stated or agreed upon.
- A certificate can be provided on request
- Students can borrow materials, books etc. from us, however, they remain property of Languages and More at all times, and should be given back in the same condition as they were given to the client.
- Free Wi-Fi connection.
The company may change course structure and timetables at its discretion. Some courses are subject to a minimum number of participants and availability of the teacher. The client is entitled to a refund of tuition fees only, for those courses or parts of courses that the company is not able to offer.
Group bookings – 4 or more people
If you would like to book for 4 people or more at the time, please contact us.
Once we have received your booking request, we will check availability and will contact you to discuss further details of your Spanish course. Subsequently we will send you a confirmation letter with a booking number and our bank details.
Deposit and payment of the course
- A deposit payment (via bank transfer) is required per client in order to confirm your booking.
- Your booking will not be valid until we have received the required deposit in our bank account.
- Bank transfer: The student will be responsible for all bank charges. If the bank charges any fees to our account, we reserve the right to charge you this amount on your arrival.
- The remainder of your course fee needs to be paid before the start of the course. This can be done locally or by bank transfer.
- The client will not have access to his / her class until full payment has been received.
Change of starting dates and cancellations
Change of starting dates
Provided you notify us in writing, clients can change the starting date of their course (subject to availability). If the starting date is changed:
- more than 12 weeks before the start of the originally booked course, there are no extra costs.
- 12 to 4 weeks before the originally booked course, you will be charged 25% of the original deposit.
- less than 4 weeks before the originally booked course, you will be charged the full original deposit.
Cancellations need to be confirmed in writing (letter or email requiring signature of receipt).
For clients cancelling:
- more than 12 weeks before the start of the course, the deposit will remain valid for one year from the cancellation date.
- 12 – 4 weeks before the starting date of the course, there will be a cancellation fee of 25% of the deposit, the remaining amount will be valid for one year from the cancellation date.
- less than 4 weeks before the start of the course they will lose the deposit.
- from the original start date onwards, there will be no refunds.
- due to VISA problems, please read the VISA section.
- Clients who don’t finish their course are not entitled to a refund.
- The client is responsible for the whole VISA application process.
- The company recommends that clients allow enough time for the VISA application process.
- The company cannot be held responsible if a VISA application is rejected.
- If the client needs a confirmation letter from the company in order to apply for a VISA;
- The company will only issue said letters for courses of at least two weeks with minimum 20 hours per week.
- The company will only issue said letters once full payment for the course has been received.
- The company will send said letters to the address given by the client.
- If the client requires a courier service, the client will have to pay for the incurring costs in advance.
- If a client cannot attend the course due to VISA problems, the client will have to present evidence of their rejected VISA in order to receive a refund.
- The cancellation (with the denial document) must be received in writing by the company. If this is received:
- at least 12 weeks before the starting date of the planned course, the company will refund the upfront payment minus € 200.
- 12 -4 weeks before starting date of the planned course, the company will refund the upfront payment minus € 300.
- less than 4 weeks before the start of the course, there will be no refund.
Code of conduct
- Clients are expected to attend classes, inform the company in case of absence and respect fellow students, teachers and staff.
- In case the company has provided accommodation, clients are equally expected to be responsible tenants and/or guests.
- The company reserves the right to expel students from the programme and/or accommodation at its sole discretion if it finds clients in breach of its basic code of conduct.
- The company reserves the right to refuse bookings at any time at its own discretion.
- Smoking is not allowed at the Languages and More premises nor at the teacher’s house. In Spain smoking is forbidden in any closed public area.
- The contract will be automatically terminated if the client:
- shows violent, aggressive or dangerous behaviour.
- carries weapons or items that could be used as weapons.
- carries symbols or wears clothes related to racism, xenophobia or discrimination of any kind.
- is bothersome to fellow students, neighbours, staff or any other person.
- consumes illegal drugs or shows symptoms of having consumed illegal drugs.
- shows signs of abusing the use of alcohol.
- interrupts the normal course of activity.
Cancellations for any of these reasons will automatically imply expulsion from our premises and no refund will be given.
Court of Law: The law of Spain will apply to this agreement and the place of jurisdiction is Santander.
Liability: The customer shall hold harmless, indemnify and defend Languages and More from and against any liability.
The company may change these terms & conditions at any time by posting changes on the www.languagesandmore.es website. Please, review terms & conditions regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by the company.